Sunday, September 7, 2014

Questions about the twins

Questions I get all the time….
1.       Were you surprised?
 I think everyone knows that answer. YES! Yes we were surprised we were pregnant, Yes we were shocked when they said 2 heartbeats!! No we were not trying but we never had the talk that we were completely done.  
 
2.       Are they your first?

 Ummm, nope J they are #4 and #5.

3.       Were you really trying for that girl?

 Seriously, see question 1.

4.       Do they run in the family?

My grandmothers mother was a twin, guess it skipped a few generations.

5.       Now are you done?

You did see we have 5 right!

6.       Do you know how babies are made?

 Really, not funny anymore!

7.       So what is it like starting over?

Crazy, Tiring, Stressful, Amazing, Blessed!

8.       How do you manage?

I would say day by day but now it is just hour by hour.

Then the other day….

9.       Any regrets?

Wait, what?? Regrets?? I think she noticed my face and quickly said any regrets they are not closer together?  I am thinking she did not get a good look at these two, so full of smiles and pure joy. These two are such happy babies!! They may be a little attached to mommy and not want to go to strangers but they show such joy just to be here. Even after 11 months of sleep deprivation, even when M is up for the 4th time at night I go in there and look at those eyes. Those smiles. How can there be any regrets to having more. I am so thankful I had 8 years between the kids to prepare me for twins. I am so thankful I have 3 older boys who adore their siblings and fight over who will help mom out. I am so thankful that our family has grown from the Bratager 5 to Bratager 7. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment