Monday, September 8, 2014

Fall and Winter Themes

For the past two weeks I have been busy planning the twins fall schedule (thank you Pinterest for all the ideas). With two at home I need some type of organization plus I just love this age. People ask me all the time what we do at home and how I do it. When the boys were little we were very involved with playgroups, the little gym, and the moms club. With these two the mornings are the only time I get to spend with them when it is quiet. They get a lot of playtime in the afternoons with the big boys and with their friends at the soccer field. I wish I was brave enough to do more parks and outings but I am just not there yet. Instead we stay busy here at the house!


*For the Fall/Winter I have weekly themes. With the themes the twins will do a craft, coloring sheets,  and the daily activity. I also have books that go along with the theme that will go out in our weekly basket. As a treat they will watch a special show or movie that goes along with theme.

Aug 25- Shapes and Colors
Sept 1- Brown Bear
Sept 8- Food (field trip-Krispy Kreme)
 Sept 15- Farm Animals (Movie- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse-farm)
Sept 22- Transportation (Field Trip-Pullen Park to ride the train) (Movie- Cars or Planes)
Sept 29-Pirates/Princesses (Movie- Jake and Sophia)
Oct 6- Sports (Field Trip- Marbles)
Oct 13- Fall (Field Trip-Hill Ridge Farm)
Oct 20- Pumpkins (Local pumpkin patch)
Oct 27-Halloween (Trick-or-treat)
Nov 3-Music (movie- Little Einstein)
Nov 10- Weather
Nov 17- Thanksgiving
Nov 24- Thanksgiving/Family
Dec 1- Christmas
Dec 8- Christmas Trees
Dec 15- Christmas Nativity

Check back each week for our weekly update on what activities we completed during our week!

No comments:

Post a Comment